San Marino - Religions



With few exceptions, the population is Roman Catholic. While Roman Catholicism is dominant, it is not the state religion. The Catholic Church does receive direct benefits from the State, but so do other charities, including two religions—the Waldensian Church and Jehovah's Witnesses. While the country itself provides no statistics on the size of religious groups, estimates indicate that 95% of the total populace is Roman Catholic, with the remaining 5% comprised of members of the Waldensian Church, Jehovah's Witnesses, Baha'is, and Muslims.

Also read article about San Marino from Wikipedia

User Contributions:

1
Report this comment as inappropriate
Feb 22, 2010 @ 12:12 pm
that is very interesting i never ever new that until now thanx

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic:

CAPTCHA