Netherlands - Ethnic groups

The Dutch are an ethnically homogeneous people descended from Frankish, Saxon, and Frisian tribes. Ethnic homogeneity slightly changed as a result of the arrival of some 300,000 repatriates and immigrants from Indonesia, mostly Eurasian, and more than 140,000 from Suriname. The influx of Turks and other workers from the Mediterranean area has further added to the ethnic mix. The most recent estimates (1999) indicate that 83% of the total population are Dutch; Moroccans, Turks, Antilleans, Surinamese, Indonesians, and other groups comprise the remaining 17%.

User Contributions:

Report this comment as inappropriate
Apr 7, 2010 @ 6:06 am
thank you very much!!! could you please add some information on Human-Enviroment Interaction on the Netgerlands
Report this comment as inappropriate
Jan 25, 2015 @ 5:17 pm
I need something about race for my assignment, I would need a percentage amount specifically. Danke, it helped anyways.

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: