Paraguay - Religions





The constitution of provides for freedom of conscience and recognizes no official religion. Roman Catholicism is the dominant religion, but all people are free to follow whichever faith they choose. The total population is about 90% Roman Catholic. The remaining 10% consisted of mainline Protestant, evangelical Christian, Jewish, Mormon, Muslim, and Baha'i groups. There were also substantial Mennonite communities, whose practitioners originally came to the country in several waves between 1880 and 1950 in order to avoid religious persecution.

User Contributions:

Report this comment as inappropriate
Jun 6, 2010 @ 7:07 am
i loved this site it was so informative i rate is 10/10
Report this comment as inappropriate
Dec 15, 2010 @ 2:14 pm
I agree. really good compared to some other answers. 10/10
poochie
Report this comment as inappropriate
Oct 18, 2012 @ 9:21 pm
VERY INFORMATIVE THANK YOU VERY MUCH :{):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic:

CAPTCHA


Paraguay forum